Monday, August 29, 2011

Drowning


In contrasting shadows
Polarizing thoughts,
Progress with tensions
Arising from stories told.

Sought to duly note,
How stories thus relate
From one another-today.

Strife with hardship,
Working as an artist
One might relate,
Failed endeavors
Succumb to defeat.

Everyday must I pray
How I must resuscitate
Such as my drowning mind,
These moments so uncertain
Likewise all alone
Though, sharp shadows stalk
Within corridors-I am here,
Attacked by opposing forces.

Limitations lacerate me
Similar to cutting edges-
Of sharp cringing blades,
While shadows speak
Causing such pain.

Going unnoticed in this corridor
So throbbing pain, torn inside
Burns in my aching heart.

These figures, drowning me
Give birth to doubt,
So like our speaker
Who’s actions taken

Shall this day end in pain-
With or without escape,
We can only push forwards,
Even while stories.