Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Array of New People

The sunlight beckons me, all is drowning in the night
The array of new people caught in new experiences,
Meeting people, witnessing canvases turn into grand exposures
Painted, vibrant, arrested by beckoning thoughts
For no other reason my words drown by a singular moment
Witnessing someone, whom I don’t know.
Now drowning in these colors, not withstanding,
Someone, some timid creature alone in this room
Mysterious, hypnotizing, in a perplexing beauty.
Yet I’ve lost myself in these strange moments
As I confess, alas my heart becomes frozen,
Now I wish I had gotten together and found myself
Perhaps within time some compassion could have grown.
But when I turned back she was gone into the night
Gales of aloneness shattered my heart and desires
Maybe we could make that connection another time
Another life time after sundown on the streets.